Semantic SEO Consultant Southampton | Sean Mullins
Sean Mullins has been a local Southampton SEO Consultant and Web Designer since 2006 and has optimised a range of southampton websites, below are a few examples (N.B due to the fact that Search Engine rankings fluctuate I’ve only listed page 1 as opposed to the exact position):
- www.dogwalkersouthampton.co.uk (Dog Walker Southampton) – Page 1
- www.dogwalkerportsmouth.co.uk (Dog Walker Portsmouth) – Page 1
- www.future-employment.co.uk (Recruitment Agency Southampton) – Page 1
- www.driving-excellence.co.uk (Driving Franchise Southampton) – Page 1
- www.premierrecruitmentsolutions.co.uk (Construction Recruitment Agency Southampton) – Page 1
- www.blackdoglocksmiths.co.uk (Locksmith Southampton) – Page 1
- www.normanclaringbull.co.uk (Psychotherapist Southampton) – Page 1
- www.libertyleasing.co.uk (Asset Finance Southampton) – Page 1
- www.kpleyelashextensionssouthampton.co.uk (Eyelash Extensions Southampton) – Page 1
- www.julieadavis.co.uk (Baby Photographer Hampshire) – Page 1
Do I really need a Local SEO Consultant in Southamptin?
To answer this question I will need to provide some background however, the short answer is “No, of course you don’t” but there are many factors to take in account when considering does your business need and warrant investment in SEO Consultancy Services.
I’ve been in the ‘digital game’ as an SEO Consultant and Freelance Web Designer since 2005 and it has certainly grown at an exponential rate probably since about the first Google Panda update in 2011. Certainly by 2013 with the Hummingbird update in 2013 which according to Google search chief Amit Singhal was the first major update of its type since 2001 the updates have been plentiful and more frequent.
Having local page 1 rankings have helped my business massively. Ironically I built my little local website (www.southamptonwebdesigner.co.uk – which is now www.semanticseo.uk) in 2012 just as a portfolio website to prove to a prospective employer that I had “hands-on” skills within web development and Search Engine Optimisation. Needless to say I didn’t get the job but I did generate more freelance web design work locally 🙂 The competition in 4 years has heated up and my rankings have dipped due to the fact that I didn’t update my website at all. Rightfully so, Google should allow my site to dip especially if my competitors are making a consistent and concerted effort to update their websites and offer up-to-date relevant and useful content.
You may be an established business who has always used an SEO Consultancy but may have found yourself disillusioned with their service or rankings slip. I’ve found myself in many occasions inheriting clients due to the fact their previous supplier had utilised spammy black hat SEO techniques such as deceptive link building. As an SEO Consultant it’s really disappointing to see irresponsible and short sighted SEO agencies jeopardise another business’ positioning within the search engines. If you’ve found yourself in this position I would encourage talking to a professional consultant or Agency like myself to assess the damage and weigh up the options.